Saturday, February 11, 2017

Fairy Princess Ball 2017


Last night Harper-Lynn attended the Fairy Princess Ball with my dad, her "Pop," held by our county. She was absolutely radiant when she was all dressed up and ready to head out.  

Sadly, I wasn't sure if she was going to go after all the preparation my dad and I put into it.  H's Autism started rearing it's ugly head about an hour and a half before they were set to leave.  After two mega meltdowns she asked for a second chance and I was more than happy to oblige.  I'm pretty certain her anxiety was to blame.

If you read this blog then you know we started her on anxiety medicine back in December.  I've noticed an incredible change in her mood swings. In fact, she's hardly had any meltdowns besides the ones from last night.  In all honesty, if her anxiety had kept her from going last night I would have been okay with it.  I've learned not to push her into doing things as they will come in time.  I am thankful she did go, though.  She and her "date" had a wonderful time and she couldn't wait to tell me all about it when she got home.  

This morning she woke up and told me she was ready to go to the Ball again tonight! ha! The sadness on her face when I explained it would be about another year before she goes again.  We do plan on attending a local Mad Hatter Tea Party next month so she still has something fun to look forward to!