Sunday, July 31, 2016

Summer Vacation 2016

This summer has been filled with camp, gymnastics, surgery...another surgery on Tuesday and LOTS of downtime at home. I was thrilled when my parents invited us along on their camping trip to Lake Hartwell and surrounding areas.  Harper-Lynn and I had a lot of fun. I fell in love with Ramsey Creek in Westminster, SC.  It's a county park and only $2 per car to enter.  It's absolutely breathtaking.  It's like a hidden gem.  I can't wait to go back!!!

Here's a look at Lake Hartwell.  Such a wonderful place! Harper-Lynn loved swimming in the lake. We had to really watch her since she's still recovering from surgery, but it was so wonderful just to sit back and see her having so much fun!


My favorite place, Ramsey Creek, is going to my go-to vacation spot from now on! My mom and I pulled up our chairs and sat in the water while Harper-Lynn swam.  I even did a little swimming, too! Just a beautiful place to sit back and relax. 


Now we're home and back to reality! ha! I finished all our laundry and unpacking.  You just don't realize how much work it is to return from a vacation...even a small one! This week Harper-Lynn has the 2nd part of her sinus surgery.  She'll need a few days to recover.  Thursday she gets to meet her Pre-K teacher at open house then it's a low-key weekend before school starts on the 8th.