Friday, June 17, 2016

Dear Harper-Lynn: 4 Years Old


As I sit here looking back on the past year I can't help but feel a little sad and brokenhearted.  When I ultimately give this blog to you as a gift when you're older we will have a very long talk about why there is no age three update.  Every time I think about it I feel so overwhelmed with the same emotions I had on June 17, 2015.  I won't go into detail on what happened that night, but I will say, it was one of the worst nights of my life and a large part of why I now have sole legal and physical custody of you. That night changed me forever...and I'll leave it at that.

It's hard to sum of 365 days of your life.  This past year I have watched you grow into a beautiful, smart, passionate, obsessive, sassy, dramatic, sensitive and creative little girl...and I've loved every minute of it! You are the little girl I dreamed of being a mommy to since I was three years old.  I thank God for allowing me to be your mother and helping me guide you in this life here on Earth.

The highlights of age three have been learning your letters, graduating speech, reciting The Pledge of Allegiance, brushing your own teeth, doing chores and earning an allowance, the Autism Walk in Atlanta, helping plan your own birthday party, your 1st Braves game, first trip to the GA Aquarium, Children's Museum in Atlanta and Waffle House experience (ha!), spelling your name, becoming potty trained, starting to copy letters instead of just tracing them, sounding out letters and some simple words, listening to you talk about your classmates and day at school/camp and having a blast in your first year of dance lessons.

I really feel this past year has been your year to shine! It fills me with so much anticipation for what lies ahead.

You are currently...
43 inches...43 pounds...wear a size 5/6 in clothes and a size 10 in shoes! You are off the chart for height/weight percentile for the 2nd year in a row! ha!

When you grow up you want to be a RIBBON DANCER! ha! Can't wait for the upcoming Olympics in Rio.  You are going to love watching them I'm sure!

I thought I'd share what your FAVORITE things are right now.  It will be cute to look back on down the road and see how much everything changes.

Foods: Chicken Nuggets, Chips with Dip, Salad with Ranch Dressing

Drinks: Milk, Ginger Ale (you can thank Pop for this one! ha!), Starburst Freeze from Taco Bell

Toys: Power Rangers, My Little Pony/Equestria Girls, Ribbon Wand

Games: Pop the Pig, My Little Pony Rainbow, Hungry Hungry Hippos

Activities: Making Lists (YOU LOVE THIS!!! pretty certain you get this one from me!), Blowing Bubbles, Cleaning (you LOVE to Swiffer!)

Books: Palace Pets, My Little Pony, Children's Bible

Tablet Apps: Power Rangers Dino Charge, PJ Masks, Strawberry Shortcake Baking Tutorial

Shows: Power Rangers Dino Charge/Super Dino Charge, My Little Pony, Sofia the First

Movies: Rainbow Rocks, Alvin & The Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, Mary Poppins

Color: Pink

Characters: Pink Ranger, Sofia the First, Rainbow Dash

Places to Eat: Chick-fil-A, Taco Bell, Arby's

Places to Go: McKenna Farms, Children's Museum, Castle Park

Outside Activities: Kite Flying, Sand Table, Riding Scooter

Looking forward to in the next year...

First American Girl store experience
Gymnastics in the fall
Possibly playing soccer in the fall and/or spring (I'm hoping to coach your team!)
Starting Pre-K...and a new school!
Fall camping trip with Grammie and Pop
The Nutcracker Ballet
Answers from genetic testing
Hopefully seeing The Rockettes LIVE!
Rock Ranch in the fall