Monday, May 9, 2016

Summer Bucket List


I can't believe we are at the end of another school year. Harper-Lynn's last day of preschool is next Thursday the 19th.  I'm amazed at all of the things she has learned this year. It's been an incredible year of growth for her! She has loved her classmates and her teachers. 

One of the hardest things about the school year coming to an end though is how it will affect Harper-Lynn's schedule. We keep a very rigid schedule for her. It limits her meltdowns and anxiety.  The transition to summer has always been a difficult one for her.

I'm hoping she will adjust well and enjoy the two weeks off she has before starting day camp three days a week at my parent's church.  She went last year and LOVED every minute of it. Each week is a different theme and they stay very busy.  She came home worn out each day...but still refused a nap! ha!

In addition to day camp Harper-Lynn will be going to camp for one week at our church in July.  It's similar to the day camp at my parent's church and it will also be with all of the kids she already knows.

I've also signed her up for summer gymnastics classes.  They will be Tuesdays from 5:45-6:30 at the gym my sister's kids go to.  My sister, Kendra, paid for Harper-Lynn to take a class with my nephew, Matt, during Christmas break and Harper-Lynn absolutely loved it! We plan to do gymnastics in the fall if summer classes go well.  Harper-Lynn has decided not to continue dance in the fall since I told her she could only do one activity.

We have a fun summer bucket list on tap as well.  Our hope is to do the following:

Laser Show at Stone Mountain
Local Water Park
The Beach (maybe a 3-day trip if possible)
Camping with My Parents
Castle Park
Children's Museum
Train Museum
Ride the SkyView Ferris Wheel
American Girl Store (lunch there and ride indoor carousel)
Picnic and Hike at Sweetwater Creek State Park (maybe take a canoe ride as well)