Saturday, March 12, 2016

Using Her Words

I've been thankful for warmer weather this week! I cleaned out Harper-Lynn's water and sand table and bought a few toys and sand for it. She spends hours outside playing with it.  It's one of our favorite things about spring and summer!


On Thursday Harper-Lynn's preschool had their annual "Donuts with Dad" day.  Like last year, Harper-Lynn and my dad, whom she calls, Pop, went with her.  They had a great time! Harper-Lynn enjoyed introducing him to her teachers and friends.  Love that about her!


We were supposed to go to a birthday party for a sweet little girl named Addy today.  About two hours before it started I noticed Harper-Lynn wouldn't keep her fingers out of her mouth at all.  After asking her repeatedly to remove her fingers I asked her if she was okay.  She said she was "not cumferable." (not comfortable). She was probably very confused by the joy spread all over my face! ha! But I was so overjoyed!! Usually Harper-Lynn starts crying or having a meltdown when she doesn't want to do something.  This is the first time she's ever fully verbalized a need.  I was sad we didn't go to Addy's party, but so incredibly proud of Harper-Lynn for using her words. Thankfully Addy's mom, Jenny, was very understanding.  Jenny works with preschool age special needs children so I know she was just as happy as I was about Harper-Lynn verbalizing her need!