Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Greatest Moments of My Life

I have to imagine there are many people who don't have the greatest moments of their life on video.  I am extremely blessed to have these moments on video to cherish them and to inspire others.

I often reference the start of Harper-Lynn's regression.  It was two years ago this month when I sought help for it. At that point she could only say, "Mama" and "ba" for ball after saying about 100 words and phrases.  She started speech therapy with Alethea McGee of Better Speech and Language in May 2014 and by September of that year she was still struggling, but definitely gaining strides in speech. Unfortunately, she still wasn't able to say "Gramps" or "Grammie"...the names my parents went by or my sister's name, Kendra. 

At our September 10th appointment I asked Mrs. McGee if she minded if we shortened their names to help Harper-Lynn.  I promised her the ultimate goal would be to say them in full again, but I thought shortening them would be a good start for her.  Here's what happened next...no filter...this was LIVE!


I often look back on this video to chart Harper-Lynn's journey.  Since this precious moment her confidence soared! She began to talk so much more.  It was like a light bulb went off in her little brain and all the fragmented pieces finally came back together.  I was forever changed this day, too.  I've always considered Harper-Lynn a miracle, but that day I realized just how much of a miracle she would be for others on this same journey.  

Fast-forward to October 12, 2015 and I witnessed Harper-Lynn's most amazing miracle to date.  After just a month in her preschool class she could recite the entire Pledge of Allegiance by herself.  There isn't a single person who ever thought she would be able to do something like that so soon.  Here she is in all her glory!


I hope you watch these videos over and over.  I hope you see the hope they've inspired in me and so many others! I say it all the time and I'll say it again...God has blessed Harper-Lynn with an AMAZING team! He has strategically placed every person she needed in her path.  I have no doubt he'll continue to do so.