Tuesday, March 15, 2016

RIP Hershey

Last night our beloved dog of fifteen years named Hershey passed away.  Her loss has been hard on all of us.  I had thought I'd be able to do a long post about her, but my emotions are still very high so I'll leave her legacy in pictures...


My parents watched Harper-Lynn at their house for the first time when she was about 2 months old.  I love this picture because it captures Hershey's loving side so much.  She's always been incredible with children. She sat there "babysitting" like she's done many times with other babies and kids.


Hershey's been here Harper-Lynn's entire life so she just assumed Hershey was her playmate.  One evening when Harper-Lynn was two my mom and I were talking.  When we looked over we saw that Harper-Lynn had set up a tea party for she and Hershey. So precious!


Of course, it wouldn't be a holiday without Hershey deep in the mix of things! This was Easter 2014.  Hershey was inspecting Harper-Lynn's loot.  ha!


I watched throughout the day as my brother prepared Hershey's final resting place. I know it was very hard for him.  While Hershey was our family's dog, she was really my brother's.  At one point he left and I didn't understand why.  Later on I realized he had gone to the store to buy some extras to make her grave special.  Rest in Peace, sweet Hershey! I know you're pain free and running around like you're a puppy again!