Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Easter 2016

The last several days have been rough to say the least.  On Saturday my left eye started feeling irritated.  Fearing it was pinkeye, we didn't make it to church on Easter Sunday.  Made me so sad! Harper-Lynn loved her Easter basket and our family egg hunt here at the house.  The Easter Bunny brought her lots of fun stuff.  Her favorite was a Rainbow Dash dress (she'll wear it for her party in June she told me!), a pair of Paw Patrol sneakers with Skye and Everest on them (she'll wear those to Anna's birthday party next month she said! ha!) and an M&M's bunny fan filled with candy of course!

On Monday, I started prednisone for my eye after realizing it wasn't pinkeye, but rather an allergic reaction. I've had numerous allergy issues the past six months.  Last fall my allergies were so bad I had repeated hive breakouts along with an emergency room visit where my throat was starting to close up.  To date, my allergist has yet to figure out what's causing the allergic reactions.  I carry an epi-pen wherever I go.  

My eye is still not 100%, but my line of vision isn't obstructed anymore so that's an answer to prayer! 

On Monday, Harper-Lynn woke up with a high fever around 4am.  I gave her some Tylenol and figured she probably wouldn't be going to school.  At first I thought it was a virus, but certain there was something else going on when she took a two and a half hour nap.  She continued to have fevers over 100 so I made an appointment with her pediatrician this morning.  He could look at her and tell she wasn't feeling well. Her temp was just over 100 at his office, too.  

I should have known it would be Harpie's ears. Double ear infection.  About her 30th! She's on antibiotics and Zyrtec for the next 10 days.  We see her ENT next month for a tube check and the doctor wants the ENT to do another hearing test since she's had so many infections.  Always something! My poor baby girl!

We came home and Harper-Lynn took a three hour nap today.  It's usually the best indicator of how bad she's feeling since she hasn't really napped in 16 months! 

Not sure if she'll make it to school tomorrow.  I hate for her to miss these last two days since it's spring break next week. We'll see how she's feeling in the morning.