Tuesday, February 9, 2016

NOT AN OPTION

Yesterday I had a woman ask me if I would have terminated my pregnancy if I knew Harper-Lynn would end up being autistic. I'm sure she could tell by my face I was very offended by the question.  After a moment of anger, I kindly responded with this..or some form of this...

No.  I wouldn't have terminated my pregnancy if I knew Harper-Lynn would be autistic.  And I wouldn't have terminated my pregnancy if tests showed Harper-Lynn had down syndrome or any other condition.  Yes, our days can be very hard.  And yes, I'm exhausted by the end of day.  There are times I want to give up, but that's NOT AN OPTION!  Harper-Lynn is a gift...ALL CHILDREN are gifts from God! If I had ended my pregnancy, I would have committed murder as I believe life happens at conception.  Life is a miracle and it should be cherished.  I truly cherish Harper-Lynn, ASD diagnosis and all! 

About an hour after Harper-Lynn was born...