Sunday, December 27, 2015

Hopes and Dreams for 2016


It could take ten posts to fully recap 2015.  It's been a hard year for me.  I'm thankful for my faith, family, church family and friends.  I wouldn't be in the place I am today without them.  I can't go into details about things that happened with my ex-husband (Harper-Lynn's father) this year, but they were very bad.  I prayed to God daily in 2014, sometimes multiple times a day, for my daughter to not have to have overnight visitation with her father.  God answered my prayers in a mighty way and I'll just leave it at that.  

In addition to the "ex" drama, I was going through the Marcus Autism Center (MAC)  testing program for a third and final opinion on Harper-Lynn's Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) diagnosis.  When they, too, agreed she has ASD, I had to finally accept it.  It didn't happen overnight, but it slowly started to sink in.  My Harpie is doing exceptional in most areas, but continues to have transition issues and sensory issues.  Some days are great while others remain a struggle. 

With twenty-sixteen just days away I step into the new year ready for battle.  Final rulings will be made with the "ex" situation in a few weeks.  Once that is behind me, I plan on making 2016 the best year I can for me and Harper-Lynn.

Instead of resolutions, I've decided on listing my hopes and dreams for the new year.  In 2016 I'd like to continue my weight-loss journey.  I've currently lost 27 pounds since 10/8/15 and have a LOT more to go!  I'd like to do more photography as long as my fibromyalgia and arthritis stay under control.  I hope we can be moved out by the end of spring.  We've lived with my parents since Aug. 2013.  It's definitely time we had our own place to call home.  My car is running, but it's 15 years old and has around 170,000 miles on it. I need to get something newer before long.  And finally, I want to spend more time at home with Harper-Lynn.  With her school, therapy and dance schedules we are always on the road.  We both need more time to just relax and not live such rigid, busy lives.  

*I'm also going to throw in a challenge for myself! My challenge for 2016 is to tithe a full 10% each month.