Thursday, August 8, 2013

Harper-Lynn's First Haircut

I had planned on getting Miss H's hair cut for the first time back in June, but Keith had a back emergency then a week later was attacked by a pit bull while working so it sort of just got away from me.  After letting it go on wayyyy to long, I had my mom come over this evening and cut it.  I guess it's fitting since mom gave Harper her first bath, too! 

When I had my first haircut back in 1980, at the age of one, my grandmother saved my hair and used it as the hay for baby Jesus to rest on in her nativity each Christmas.  When my grandmother passed in January 1998 it was given to me.  I still have it and plan on adding Harper-Lynn's hair to it and using it as the hay for baby Jesus to rest on as well.  Mine was very blond and Miss H's is light brown so we'll definitely know which one is hers.  My hope is that one day she will pass on this tradition to her child.  

Here is my bushy-haired baby before her haircut...

So proud of her! She didn't cry at all!!!

And during the haircut...

For some reason she kept her eyes closed during most of the cut.  Too cute!

Grammie inspecting her work...

Bangs done...now to tackle the sides and back!

And afterwards...

Showing off for us! She started copying her Gramps' cheesy grins.  Makes us all laugh when she does it.  I'm totally LOVING 13 months old!