Sunday, June 23, 2013

Miss H's 1st Birthday Party

Yesterday we celebrated Harper-Lynn's 1st birthday! It was a lot of work, but worth it.  She really enjoyed herself and even danced for everyone! Ha! She LOVED her cake! Mom and I cracked up because she was so perfect with each bite.  She took her time and made sure each piece was savored. 

I still can't believe we have a one year old! I'm loving every minute of it though!

Enjoy a few photos from the party...

My mom bought this talking Cookie Monster for Harper-Lynn for Christmas last year. It became the centerpiece for her party!

The Kroger bakery designer did an outstanding job on the cupcake Cookie Monster cake! There was soooooooooo much frosting!

This custom-designed banner was a splurge, but since it was her first birthday, I didn't mind too much.  It's from Etsy seller, jilliansawyer

I just used the chalkboard sign I made last year to add a bit of whimsy to the drink and pizza area.  The mini drinks are all in the color scheme of the party. 

She didn't really smile during her cake eating! I guess she was too busy enjoying it! Her custom-designed hat is from Etsy seller, danaandgaelsplace. It's now sitting proudly on her stuffed elephant on top of her bookcase. 

*Linked to Metamorphosis Monday over at Between Naps on the Porch.