Monday, February 18, 2013

Dear Harper: 8 Months Old

 
Another month has come and gone! You now have two little teeth and use them to bite everything including me and Daddy! You are such a Daddy's girl and daddy just eats it up! Of course, you won't go to anyone without looking at me first to make sure it's okay and that I'm not leaving.  I'll take what I can get! Ha! You look like such a big girl.  I still am daily amazed at all the little things you can do!

Wearing

-Size 12-18 months in clothes
-Size 2 in shoes
-Size 0-6 months in socks
-Size 5 in diapers (could still wear a 4, but your torso is so long they were leaking)

Consuming

-20 ounces of soy formula
-About 1-2 oz. of water/juice mix from sippy cup
-1 nondairy yogurt + dried cereal and yogurt bites at breakfast
-1 Stage 2 food + dried cereal and yogurt bites at lunch
-1 Stage 2 food + dried cereal and yogurt bites for dinner
-You also eat more table food so sometimes you won't have the dried cereal and yogurt bites.
-You LOVE going to eat out so you can eat french fries!

Saying

-Still saying "Mama" and "Dada" on occasion.  You will copy me with words and sounds, but nothing that is consistent yet.

Doing

-You can move EVERYWHERE!!!
-You have started taking your head and rolling it around when someone holds you.  Grammie and Gramps laughed so hard when they witnessed it a few weeks back. 
-You can put food in your mouth all by yourself now.  I love watching you chew everything so carefully.
-Your crying has gone to a new level! If you don't get what you want you scream like someone is hurting you.  Daddy and I just look at each other in disbelief each time it happens! LOL!

Playing

-Orange ball (you love for me to roll it to you)
-Donut stacker (not sure what the actual name of it is, but you have figured out how to put the donuts on the pole...fascinating to watch you in action!!!)

Watching

-Dinosaur Train is still your favorite show.  I think you would watch it all day if I let you.
-A close second would be Sid the Science Kid.  In all honesty, those cartoon characters creep me out by the way they move.  You love it and that's all that matters! LOL!

Sleeping

-You've been going to bed between 5:30 and 6 each night and wake up by 5 in the morning.  Typically you take two 30 minute naps during the day.  Needless to say, I'm one tired mommy!!!

Looking forward to...

-Your 9 month photo shoot.  I will be doing it a few days before you turn 9 months old.
-Spending more time with Grammie and Gramps.
-Having a play date with cousin, Matthew.
-Hopefully making more effort to talk and crawl.
 
*I adore this little outfit and matching bow on you.  I wanted you to wear it on Valentine's, but you ended up wearing it a few days before when we went to pick up daddy in Dalton.  It says, "Daddy's Little Princess."