Sunday, November 25, 2012

Adorable on a Budget

I've always wanted a little girl I could dress up in frilly "girly" clothes.  Thankfully Miss H is happy to oblige at the moment!  For a mommy on a budget creating those adorable "girly" looks can become costly.  I've been very fortunate to find some great ways to dress Harper in the latest fashions for a fraction of their retail cost. 
 
I'm pretty much addicted to online Facebook auctions! See these adorable accessories below?  I got them all for just $5!!! All I do is "like" certain accessory retailers online and join in the fun of their auctions where they tend to post lots of different items to bid on.  I never go crazy with my bids.  In the past I've been able to get precious one-of-a-kind bows, a slue of leg warmers and even a few outfits. 
 
A big tip is to try and buy items that can be used for more than one year or season.  These hats are great because they are size 0-18 months which means Harper will be able to wear them this holiday season and next year as well since she has a very small head.  The leg warmers are a great investment, too, because they last forever if you take care when washing them.  She will have these for years to come.