Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dear Harper: 3 Months Old

 
Sweet girl, I can't believe you are 3 months old!!! You just continue to grow by leaps and bounds.  Daddy and I are daily amazed at all the new things you can do and recognize.  It's become very clear in the past few weeks that you are a MAJOR "Daddy's Girl!" You light up for him like no one else.  I know he just eats it up too.  It's absolutely precious to watch. 

You are sleeping through the night now and I couldn't be more thankful! I'm starting to feel rested again which gives me more energy.  I've started walking again and enjoy pushing you in your stroller while we walk through the neighborhood. 

It's been a fun month for sure! You attended your first birthday party.  It was for your cousins Gracelyn, Kameran and Jayden.  I couldn't help dressing you up in the cutest over-the-top obnoxious bow and ruffled onesie with leg warmers to match.  Yes, it was a bit much, but I just love seeing you dressed up in cute girly things!

You've become very serious lately.  Gramps and Grammie try as hard as they can to get you to laugh, but you are one tough cookie and refuse to smile unless you want to.  It's hilarious to watch! Gramps has started referring to you as "sour puss" because of the serious looks on your face each time he sees you. Let's hope you grow out of this stage!

You have graduated to big girl bottles.  I was really hesitant to do it, but I'm really glad we did.  You seem to be able to handle the fast-flow nipples just fine and your feedings seem to be a lot easier for you as well. 

We bought you a high chair and you have been using it for several days now.  You are doing really well with it.  I'm in awe that your tongue doesn't seem to be much of a problem for you. 
 
You still prefer to be held instead of enjoying any of your fun gear.  It's a little stressful for me, but I'm thankful that I wised up and started using the carrier Michelle (Daddy's cousin) gave us.  You LOVE being close to me and fall asleep every single time you are in it. 

I have been really trying to push tummy time and story time each day.  I just love holding you in my arms while I read to you.  You probably don't realize what's going on, but you stare at the books and try to reach out for them.  I adore reading and hope that will be something you enjoy as well. 
 
You are doing some MAJOR teething! In fact, you are wearing a bib any time you are awake.  We go through about six bibs a day. 
 
You are going to your first Braves game in a few weeks, a family gathering and another birthday party.  You are definitely a social butterfly!
 
I love you to pieces, Miss H!
 
*You definitely were NOT in a photo mood this morning.  I hope that gets better since I am doing your 3 month photo shoot later this week! Ha!