Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Chicken Tortilla Bake


I found this recipe over at Homemaking Challenged and thought I'd give it a try.  It's easy to put together and definitely satisfies any Mexican food craving you may be having!

1lb. package of small corn tortillas, sliced into strips
2 cans of cream of chicken soup (I used 98% fat-free)
1 can of Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
3 cups of cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
12oz. package of Mexican blend shredded cheese (I used a reduced fat version)

In medium size bowl, mix together chicken soups and Rotel.  Grease the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.  Place 1/3 of the corn tortillas on bottom of baking dish.  Top with 1/2 of the chicken.  Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese on top of chicken.  Spoon 1/2 of the soup mixture on top of cheese. Repeat layers and top with tortillas.  Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.  Remove foil and sprinkle with last 1/3 of cheese.  Bake for an additional 5 minutes.  Enjoy! Makes 6 large servings.

*The only thing I would do different next time is to use flour tortillas since I tend to like those better.  They also come in low-carb which I'll be needing once I have the baby and start losing weight again!