Sunday, May 20, 2012

Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burritos


As we prepare for the arrival of our little bundle of joy, Harper, I have been trying to stock our freezer with food that will be easy for me or my husband to thaw and heat up for us both.  While I'm not sure he'll eat these breakfast burritos (he's kind of picky!), I definitely plan on enjoying them.  In fact, I had two while I was preparing them!

I like this recipe because it makes a LOT of burritos! All in all, it made 12 medium-sized ones for me.  I ate two and individually wrapped the other ten and put in two Ziploc bags.

 
12 medium-sized tortillas
1lb. mild sausage, browned
15oz. bag of frozen hash browns, thawed and browned
6 eggs, scrambled
12oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
foil to wrap (if freezing)
Ziploc storage bags (if freezing)

Garnish:
sour cream
salsa
extra cheese

Mix prepared sausage, hash browns and eggs in large pan or bowl.  If freezing be sure to let it cool before assembling burritos.  If not freezing then start preparing tortillas by spooning 1/12 of the mixture down the center of the tortilla.  Sprinkle 1oz. of cheese on top. Either wrap up and cover in foil to place in freezer bag or garnish with your desired topping and enjoy!

*Remove foil and wrap in a paper towel and microwave about 20 seconds
 at a time until you get to desired heat level.  Garnish and enjoy!