Monday, March 26, 2012

Baby Shower - Part 3

One of my favorite things about the shower was the cake my mom ordered through Publix.  Isn't it just precious?!? I just love that it's shaped like a stroller!

My family tends to use the same punch recipe, but this time I wanted to try something new so we went with Paula Deen's Lime Sherbet Punch.  It was very yummy! The only tip I'd give is to make sure you have a HUGE punch bowl to make it.  We had to do it in smaller batches because my mom's was a little too small. 

I was thrilled that we got to use the glass plates and punch cups from my grandmother.  She used to do catering and gave my mom those a while back.  There were so many that we divided them up between myself, my mom and my sister. 

All in all, I was very pleased with how the shower turned out despite my finger issue! My mom worked really hard and it showed.  It was definitely a day that made me feel extra special and anticipate Harper's arrival even more.